Streaming and streamers are the concepts of rising on social media and the new digital world. Facebook Gaming Stream is one of the rising ones. Day by day, we gained new jobs, hobbies, or interests. The best thing is about being a gaming streamer is you can do it for a hobby or a job that makes you money. We wrote about Twitch before. You can read them if you interest in Twitch.
There is a certain fact which is the concepts of streaming and gaming volume will increase in long run. Thus, firstly we want to highlight the updates, then we examine the pons and cross about Facebook game streaming, and finally, you can find the tips and details of Facebook Gaming.
As you know, Microsoft gave up its own stream platform mixer and made a deal with Facebook due to the struggles of cannot competing with Twitch. All popular mixer streamer switched to the Facebook streaming platform.
At below, you can see a chart that demonstrates stream platforms marketing pies.
Let’s look at Facebook game streaming under the scope. Find out how to stream on Facebook, and what are its pros and cons. In June 2018, Facebook launched a gaming stream platform. However, this process occurred with baby steps.
In Facebook Gaming, there is opportunity. The best aspect of Facebook as a video game streaming platform is the size of its pre-existing audience.
- Promotion possibilities
- Great VR opportunities
- Partnership perks
- Facebook mobile streaming
- A strong computer that is able to pull off the load from both video games and live streaming
- A stable and fast internet connection
- A webcam with a built-in microphone
- The latest streaming software
To start Facebook Gaming, there’s nothing else needed. In addition, you can use your mobile phone to live stream.
- Set up a Gaming Video Creator Page.
- Choose an encoder. Ideally, using a dedicated appliance encoder such as a Wowza ClearCaster will provide the most reliable streaming experience. If an appliance encoder is not an option, other software encoders you can download include OBS, XSplit, and Streamlabs OBS. Note: If you download and use a software encoder, make sure to run only necessary software on your machine for the optimal streaming experience.
- The first step is going to the Creator Portal.
- Then, click the Create Live Stream.
- Choose where to post your live broadcast, and select your Gaming Video Creator Page.
- Copy the Stream Key and/or Server URL and paste it into the Settings of your streaming software. Don’t share your Stream Key. Anyone who has access to it can stream video to your post.
- Under Service select Facebook Live.
- Go to your streaming software and start streaming. You’ll see a preview of your stream on Facebook where the Server URL and Stream Key are displayed.
- In the Creator Portal, tag the game and write a description for your followers.
- Finally, click Go Live to begin your stream.
You can also go live and manage your live streams directly from your Streamer Dashboard.
There are a few ways to monetize your Facebook Gaming live streams. We listed them at below.
Level Up Program
Level Up program is an official affiliate program. The program allows you full HD live stream and unlocks access to fan subscriptions and fan donations in the form of Facebook’s special currency called Facebook Stars. To join Level Up program you have to be 18 or older.
You can view detailed info about Facebook budges for Gaming Streamers.
How to join Facebook Level Up program?
- First, you have to create a Gaming Video Creator Page or convert an existing Page into a Gaming Video Creator Page.
- Grow that page to 100 followers.
- Stream game content from your Gaming Video Creator Page on at least 2 days in one consecutive 14 day period.
- Stream game content from your Gaming Video Creator Page for at least 4 hours in the same consecutive 14 day period.
You can track Level Up progress in Creator Studio.
PayPal allows you to receive donations from your viewers in a basic way. Just an important point, it takes 3% of transactions for commission.
We suggest you to use a donation alert tool to encourage your viewers / fans to send you money. Alerts can be fully customized. Customizing alerts helps your channel’s reflect your characteristic.
This element is more suitable for streamers who already have popularity. Sponsorships are an additional way to monetize on Facebook Gaming. But sometimes, starters can land sponsorships. It is important, however, to show your commitment.
Commitment, patience, and consistency are the elements that go to you to success. You can like streaming for a lot of reasons but the best thing is communication to your audience simultaneously. Talk to them, increase interaction. Let them, know you and your character. We like to watch streamers due to their reactions, their conversations.
- Stream consistently
- Communicate and engage with your viewers
- Remind them to share
- Multi-stream in different platforms
For the first step, you may need some help. View our Facebook Services to support your live streams.